Afternoon! I hope everyone is keeping warm on this absolutely frigid day. For those of you in Florida, or anywhere else that it’s warm, enjoy it! In spite of the record low temperatures, I decided early this morning to shoot over to the Jersey Shore and recharge my creative batteries. After spending some time on the beach and taking in the sights and sounds of my summertime backyard, I feel much better.
Anyway, it’s way past time for a book update so here goes….
I am in a holding pattern with Red Blitz ’87 (Working title, not the final.) Late in December, the publishers and I realized that if the situation with Russia and Ukraine comes to blows it’ll have a decidedly negative impact on my novel and sales will be stillborn. Fewer people will be buying a book centered on a fictional war with Russia 30 years ago if Russian tanks are rolling through Kiev. So we came to a decision to continue working towards a tentative mid-February release date and to monitor real world events with Russia. To make a long story short, if they do cross the border between now and early February, my second novel, based on a war with China in the not-too-distant future, could become my novel to be released. Which is very frustrating for a number of reasons, I’m sure you can agree.
In the meantime, I’m working on a novella or two which will be released on Kindle in early March if Red Blitz ends up in deep freeze. And I’ll also start working on improving the blog’s layout to make accessing earlier entries easier. In fact, I’m planning to start on that this evening. As for the next D+20 entry, the North Atlantic will kick off either tomorrow night or Monday. Looks like that segment will be a two-parter the way it looks now.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend, everyone! –Mike